Tuesday, April 14, 2009


We have a lemon cannon! It was fabricated over the weekend and works quite well. I tested it extensively using a combination of lemons and potatoes with wadding/skinning when necessary. As I learned very quickly, it is great fun to propel fruit and vegetables hundreds of feet through the air with a boom. The only problem is the combustion chamber to barrel ratio, which is 2.25:1 (combustion chamber:barrel), and having to get up really close to fire it. Our next version will fix the ratio, and probably add electric ignition.

Photos will (probably) appear at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment